The town of Livno is situated 724 m above sea level on the slopes and at the foot of Mount Bašajkovac, from which the famous Karst river Bistrica sprouts. The municipality is the main cultural and economic center of Herzeg -Bosnian County, with 40,000 inhabitants. It is a city of rich history which is engraved in numerous monuments, archeological sites, churches, mosques, bridges, cemeteries, an old city known as the Bistric town.
Nature lovers will come to their own, because the environment of Livno and the whole county is rich in natural beauties: forests, rivers, lakes, pastures, beautiful mountains often visited by mountaineers from different countries.
The renowned Franciscan Museum and Gallery Gorica that presents museum material, is quite visited, and it is a place of encounter for lovers of cultural and artistic values of the entire county.
Livno is famous for its famous Livno cheese, wild horses of the Krugas, sport and cultural events. It is a city of artists, sculptors, musicians, athletes, politicians…
The location of Livno is great for all tourists who want to come and stay for a few days in Livno, for those who are passing through on the way to the Adriatic coast or to the interior of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Split, Makarska and other Croatian tourist destinations are “at your fingertips”, about 60 km from Livno, the Kamensko, Cro-Bos border crossing is at about 15 km from Livno. There is also the beautiful Lake Buško, close to the excursion sites, ski resort Čajuša, Kupres, numerous rivers, mountains…
The town and a county are worth visiting and staying for a few days. You need to taste the famous Livno cheese, look at the museum exhibits at the Franciscan Museum and the Gorica Gallery, see the source of the Bistrica River, known as Duman, walk around the town, go to the Livno dairy, buy cheese, home-made milk, photograph the landscape, drink coffee with your dear friends and simply enjoy, especially in the summer season. National Monuments:
- Beglučka (Lala-pašina, Mustafa-pašina, Beglek) mosque, architectural ensemble, Livno
- Crkvina (Ledenica) with mobile findings in Potočani, archaeological area, Livno
- Džumanuša (Sinan Čauševa ili Džemanuša) mosque with harem, place and remains of the architectural ensemble, Livno
- Čurčinica mosque with harem, place and remains of architectural ensemble, Livno
- Firduz’s Mesaristan, a cemetery unit, Livno
- Franciscan monastery Gorica, architectural ensemble, Livno
- Cemetery of holy Ivo, archaeological site, Livno
- Podvornice, archaeological site, Lištani
- Milošnik (Bušatlijina or Milosnik) mosque with harem, architectural ensemble, Livno
- Bridge on Duman, a historic building, Livno
- Necropolis with steamed Tombstones, historical area, Grborezi
- Piria (Smailagića) tower, historic building, Livno
- The prehistoric „Velika gradina“, archaeological area, Vidoši
- Rapovine, archaeological area, Rapovine
- Rešetarica with remains of early Christian basilica, two necropolis and movable heritage, archaeological site
- Serbian Orthodox Church of the Assumption of the Holy Virgin, together with the movable property, historic building, Livno
- Old town of Livno (Bistrica town), historical area, Livno
- Vašarovine, archaeological area, Priluka
- Veliki and Mali Han, prehistoric tumulus and stećci necropolis, historical area, Lištani
- Zavra mosque, architectural ensemble, Livno
- Parish Church of the Immaculate Conception in Vidoši, historic building, Vidoši